Dr. Fazeli is Fellowship Trained and Board Certified in Geriatric Medicine with over 13 years experience in post acute (SNF) and long term care settings. He provides services to patients in a unique practice based in Skilled Rehab, Nursing Homes and select Assisted Living facilities in Southern Maine. Dr. Fazeli makes his visits on site without the need for office appointments. He was involved in the teaching of the 1st generation of Geriatric Fellows at Maine Medical Center and remains involved in the teaching of health care professionals who provide medical care to the Geriatric population in nursing homes, skilled care and hospital settings. His areas of expertise include wound care and prevention, falls, dementia with behavioral disturbances, polypharmacy prevention and management of complex medical cases.
His company, Maine Geriatrics, sets the standards when it comes to providing facility-based Geriatric care and more information can be found online at www.mainegeriatrics.com
- Medical School: Graduated Summa Cum Laude from Pecs University Medical School, Hungary in 1992.
- Post Graduate Training: In addition to his training in Europe, he completed a 3 year residency in Internal Medicine at the Hospital of Saint Raphael, a Yale affiliated hospital in New Haven, Connecticut.
- Special Training in the care of the elderly: Two years of Geriatric Fellowship Training at the University of Missouri, Kansas City.
- Dr. Fazeli is passionate about many elderly causes and takes an active role around the State of Maine in promoting better care for the elderly. His community involvement includes:
- Board Member at the MMA (Maine Medical Association)
- VP of Maine Chapter of AMDA (American Medical Directors Association, Maine Chapter)
- Member of Public Policy Committee for National AMDA
- Member of Public Policy Committee at MMA
- Membership in the American Geriatric Society and American Medical Directors Association (2000-present)